Tyranny of Dragons: The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tyranny of Dragons: The Forum

A Play-by-Forum game of the Tyranny of Dragons D&D adventure campaign, beginning with Hoard of the Dragon Queen and concluding in Rise of Tiamat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Episode One

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

Episode One - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 3:30 pm

All eyes in the common room are fixed on Alibastar, some patrons would even have missed last call if he had not drawn attention to it. A hail of drink orders fly and soon the room is bustling with activity: Barliman pouring drinks, maids busing them, drunkards loudly talking and laughing, a few of them even giving poor imitations of Alibastar's song and tale.

Nocturne and Alibastar, for a brief moment, both catch a few less-than-friendly glances from a few travelers in the room [Passive Perception] but they are soon forgotten.

Not long after last call, the room begins to clear out. Soon, less than half of the tables are occupied and Barliman and the maids have tidied up and gone to their rooms. Brief flashes of lightning illuminate the windows and the rain continues to fall softly.
Back to top Go down
https://horsewhale.rpg-board.net
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 3:33 pm

OOC: Alibastar gains Inspiration. He may use it to give himself advantage on any single die roll, or to inspire others to give them the effect. You cannot have more than one point of Inspiration--either you have it or you don't--so use it wisely.

Inspiration is gained with exceptional roleplaying of your character as determined by me.
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 3:37 pm

"You make these dragons to be quite honorable beasts, I feel as though and encounter with one would be most interesting" turning around he shouts "another for me too!" Perplexed by the purple being that muttered something by him only to catch the eye of a small female standing behind his new pal. "You have an look about you lass, can I help you soldier?"
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 5:17 pm

Nocturne leans over to Alibastar after his wonderful performance.
She whispers, "Be wary of the stories you tell of dragons. I once told an inn of how I slayed a dragon. Once...". She points to her mangled legs.
Back to top Go down
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 5:32 pm

Deep in awe from Alibastar's tale, Gwen stares at the half-elf until the dwarf speaks to her. She blinks a few times, turning to the man. "What? Oh! Yes! It was an excellent story. I liked the part about the platinum piece." She shuffled around the table to stand next to the dwarf, and to give herself more distance from the weird purple person. "Can I..." she reached her hand out slowly, leaning toward the dwarf, biting her lip, staring, "touch your beard?"
Back to top Go down
AlibastarMarchant

AlibastarMarchant

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 5:49 pm

"You've slain a dragon?," Alibastar responded to Nocturne, looking down to her legs. There was a look of apparent surprise, and a little disbelief. He quickly tries to cover his expression. "I've never faced a dragon myself," he responds, changing topic. "These are just tales that I've heard and share." He finishes his statement, taking a drink from his ale and a seat at the table.
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 6:20 pm

Torfinn stares at the halfling for a moment before roaring out into laughter. "You amuse me soldier. It would be my honor."
Back to top Go down
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:00 pm

"YESSSSSS!" Gwen leaned in further and began stroking the wavy brown hair. "My god, it's so silky! How do you keep it so nice? And this braid is so cool! Could you teach me how to do it to my hair? Not that I have hair right now that's long enough to braid, but I'm thinking about growing it back out while I'm on duty in Greenest, it's not like my barber is going to be around anyway so I won't have anyone to cut my hair for me and Edgar always said he wondered what my hair looked like long because he's never seen it long since I haven't worn it long since I was just a little girl and I think it'll be nice to be able to surprise him when I get back in a few months; I'd love to see the look on his face, especially if I can come home with it braided in such a beautiful pattern like how you have your beard braided, because then I could show it off all prettily and maybe get a dress made for me and I think that would look really good, especially if I splurged and spent enough money to get the dress to match the design of the braid that you're going to teach me to do, because then my dress and my hair would match and that would look really nice. What do you think?" She paused, continuing to stroke the beard, and looked into the Dwarf's eyes, waiting for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:49 pm

Torfinn sits stunned for a moment, thoughts of goblins and kobolds flood through his mind. It was almost as if he could hear them chatting away next to him. Suddenly torfinn remembers he is not on the battle field and that he is in an inn, but what is this chatter? Torfinn's mind clears and he sees that the chatter is the halfling talking to him. All he hears is "duty in greenest, edgar, few months, beard braid, money, really nice. What do you think?" He looks at Alibaster to see he is focused in conversation with the purple humanoid and knows he has no escape. "Lass, the tides of battle have long since clouded my mind. Why would you be stationed in this town? And this edgar fellow does sound very nice." Torfinn smiled thoughtfully thinking he had be following the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 10:30 am

The storm quietly subsides, as if it simply went to sleep. The windows are now pitch black, illuminated no longer by lightning, and the soft noise of the rain replaced by the chirping of crickets. Inside Journey's End the candles burn low, all of the tables are now empty and the only other people in the room are the two who have been sitting by the hearth all night, who are now fast asleep in their chairs.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 1:38 pm

OOC:  When the people were looking at us, what did they seem like? Where they merely not welcoming, do/did they look like the people that attacked me? Perception: 14 + 4= 18. (So only proficient skills get "ranks"?)

"I didn't slay it by myself."
Back to top Go down
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Gwen blinks at the dwarf, confused, then decides he must be more drunk than he looks. "He is nice! And I'm being stationed in Greenest for a couple months as part of a camaraderie effort between Baldur's Gate and Greenest called the Officer Exchange Program. Right now Sergeant Grant and I are on our way there. I wanted Edgar to come with us instead, but he isn't an officer yet because he's really not that good at his job since he hasn't decided what he wants to specialize in like I did when I joined the Guard. He spent some time in the kitchens with me but he's clumsy and he's never been very good at cooking so instead our superiors sent Grant even though he isn't very good at cooking either and he's really just a wall guard, and I guess he'll just be training some of Greenest's guards with a few techniques that Baldur's Gate has developed even though I don't know what that sort of thing would be, while I'm off in the kitchens--I hope--teaching the cooks new recipes and maybe learning a few new ones from them, but I don't really know how similar country cooking is to city cooking because I've never really spent any time outside of the city, and my dad says this will be good for me and I asked him wouldn't it be good for Edgar too, because I think you could get them to send him with me and dad said no, Edgar spends enough time out of the city and besides he needs to figure out what he's going to specialize in while he's part of the guard and he can't go anyway because it's an officer exchange program and Edgar isn't an officer yet so he wouldn't be able to go, but I guess that's okay because I get to go and this will probably go a long way to making me a full Lieutenant, which is something that I really want and I hope I can get it some time in the next year, but I'm not sure if I can because the kitchens really aren't that big, and I don't have a second specialty yet, so I don't see how I could get the promotion, but maybe I can start working on something while I'm in Greenest and then when I get home I can have some skill in a second area and that can be a surprise for my dad! and then I'll have a surprise for both dad and Edgar and it'll be really cool because then I'll be talented and super pretty with my braided hair and matching dress and then I can be the prettiest lieutenant in the Guard, and I'll finally show up that bitch Melanie because I'll finally be prettier than her and also be her commanding officer, maybe, and my life will basically be perfect, right?"

Gwen saw that the dwarf's eyes were glazed over again and she quickly pulled her hands back from his beard, and took a couple steps back. "Er, sorry. I didn't mean to get carried away..."
Back to top Go down
AlibastarMarchant

AlibastarMarchant

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:46 pm

"I see, that's truly an accomplishment" Alibastar responds before finishing his ale. "Well, I think I'm going to head to my room. It was a pleasure talking to you." He stands up and bows his head to her, then heads to the innkeeper.

"Thank you for the ale, sir," he says, laying a 5 silver on the bar. "Which room is my friend in?"
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:55 pm

"No worries lass. I must be tired from travel, Alibaster here may have the right idea when he talks of sleep. We can talk in the morning" Torfinn smiles and taps the halfling on the head. "You should rest too, a solider should be rested and ready for whatever may come for him in the following day." He then rises from his seat and heads toward the stairs in pursuit of room 14.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 11:59 pm

"What a true gentleman. It is good to see that courtesy has not gone from this world.", she takes a curtsy as far as her legs will take her. "Perchance we will meet again, I could fill you in on the details then. Good night to you sire."

She turns to the other two. "A good night to you also."
To no one in particular, "I should finish that calculation, maybe magic isn't to blame. Magic screws up everything..."
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 9:19 am

OOC: The innkeeper is already in bed. Which friend is Alibastar referring to?
Back to top Go down
AlibastarMarchant

AlibastarMarchant

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:08 am

OOC: Ahh, Talis.
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:30 am

OOC: Talis is in room 34 (east wing, first floor), and most likely would've told you before she went to bed.

As for everyone else, your rooms are all located in the same hallway (west wing, first floor, rooms 1-25) and are as follows:

Alibastar: Room 3

Torfinn: Room 14

Nocturne (and Sam): Room 22 (two beds)

Gwenyvere: Room 25 (Barliman thought about giving you and Grant the honeymoon suite as a joke, but ultimately decided it would be better not to. Instead he gave you the last single, and put Grant in the honeymoon suite alone as it was the only room left. He is in the west wing on the second floor in Room 51.)
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:56 am

Occ: what does my room look like?
Back to top Go down
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Gwen watched the Dwarf follow the Half-Elf upstairs, slowly realizing that she is now in a room whose only other occupants are two sleeping merchants, a purple alien, and what looks like a man with the brain capacity of a lesser canine. She inched her way around the opposite side of the table from the alien, keeping her eyes on it and its pet human, until she reached the staircase, which she slowly backed up, watching the only two waking residents without blinking until she was completely out of eyesight.

Then she went to bed.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 2:55 pm

Ooc: Sam went to bed as soon as he arrived.
I head to bed as soon as I bid everyone farewell.
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 3:17 pm

OOC: Torfinn's room is a standard inn bedroom. A bed tucked into the corner, small table with two chairs, small fireplace, and a wardrobe. On the back wall is a window that would overlook green rolling hills if it weren't nighttime.
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 3:33 pm

A great roar overhead startles each of you awake; a roar that sounds like a mix of thunder and two hunks of steel scraping together. Dawns light creeps through the windows of those with even numbered rooms (Torfinn and Nocturne), while in the odd numbered rooms it is much dimmer and still fairly dusky. An eerie silence follows the roar.
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Torfinn, in one motion, rises from his bed and plants his feet on the floor to grab his shield resting against his bed. In two steps he is at his mace before facing his window poised for defense. He creeps to his window to peer out looking for what caused the sound (*seriously fuck* perception check: 6+1+2= 9)

OOC: does passive perception outweigh perception checks? Lol.
Back to top Go down
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 3:51 pm

Gwen gets up to look out her window. Peering into the dusk, (Perception 4 = roll5 - 1) she sees absolutely nothing and decides she was just dreaming. She gets back in bed, dozing until Grant wakes her up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode One
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next