Tyranny of Dragons: The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tyranny of Dragons: The Forum

A Play-by-Forum game of the Tyranny of Dragons D&D adventure campaign, beginning with Hoard of the Dragon Queen and concluding in Rise of Tiamat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Episode One

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
AlibastarMarchant

AlibastarMarchant

Episode One - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 2:27 am

When the first two blows struck, Alibastar felt a wave of fear pass through him, watching as the dragon nearly killed his companion in just a couple seconds. That could have been him taking the punishment. However, Torfinn rallied, with encouragement from the battle hardened Escobert, and he snapped back. He realized that he had to be there for him, and the words flowed from him just as naturally as with his Stargazer brethren. "He's on the ropes, take charge and end this beast!" (Bardic Inspiration)
Back to top Go down
Torfinn

Torfinn

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 1:01 am

Torfinn hears his compainions rally as the beast moves away after his attack. He shouts "I raise my sheild in the defense of the innocent! I raise my sheild in defense of my family as they did before me! With this sheild, none shall pass me even in death! I stand before my enimies as do my brothers, and you will know JUSTICE!" As his shouts justice, he takes 2 steps forward befor spinning 270 degrees on his left foot, planting it hard enough to propel himself into a leap toward his opponent. The momentum allows him to lift his mace high is the air as it come crashing down onto his opponent with his full weight. (Attack roll: natural 20) (damage: 13)
Back to top Go down
Master of Dungeons
Admin
Master of Dungeons

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 9:54 am

Torfinn's hammer lands like a meteor on Cyanwrath's left shoulder; the already-broken arm comes loose from the socket and flails sickeningly as the beast crashes to his knee. If the town had been sleeping, the half-dragon's roar would surely have woken it. Torfinn's leap ends in a diving roll and he picks himself up 10 feet from his foe, spinning on his heels to face him.

Cyanwrath's glare, as he lifts himself from his knee, is pure venom. Greatsword still in hand, he bull-rushes Torfinn while the dwarf is still mid-spin. Torfinn's eyes widen in surprise and he tries to raise his shield as his foe's blade comes down, but not in time.

Landedrosa Cyanwrath plants the flat of his blade across Torfinn's face like a club. Torfinn drops like a stone and everything goes black for him. [Damage = 7]

Cyanwrath stands over the unconscious dwarf and chuckles under his breath. He grabs his left arm at the shoulder and pops it into place with a pained grunt. "This has been more fun than I thought it would be," he says, "it's not often an opponent manages to do any damage." The beast smiles the same maddening smile he had through the duel. "I'll tell you what. I'm not going to kill your friend outright. Instead, I'm going to let him fight for his own survival. If and when he wakes up, tell him of my generosity. Perhaps the next time we meet he will be more eager to defeat me." He laughs an ugly, maniacal laugh and, with incredible swiftness, delivers a hard kick to Torfinn's head. [Damage 4]

Cyanwrath turns and walks past his kobold minions, saying something in the same unintelligible language in which he spoke to them before. After their leader disappears into the town's wreckage, the kobolds put away their spears and draw slingshots, each loaded with stones about two inches in diameter, aiming them at the hostage. The kobolds back away in the same direction as their master, their slingshots trained on the woman until they're out of sight.

Escobert rushes to Torfinn and begins assessing the damage. The keep's doors fly open and a group of medics with a stretcher begin to descend the hill. "His jaw is broken and he suffering very bad head trauma, aside from the spear wounds. We can help him so long as he survives until we get him to the medical ward." Escobert looks at the three adventurers grimly, "I wouldn't recommend following those bastards just now. You need rest, your friend has a lot of mending to do, and the invaders seem to be drawing back now. It's your choice, of course. You owe us nothing, and in fact we owe you quite a lot." The medics reach Torfinn and begin loading him up on the stretcher as Bear continues, "We'll get to work on him immediately. In the meantime, we offer you food and rest, such as you need."

This concludes Episode 1. You may act as you wish for the time being. Everyone has now reached 2nd Level.

Torfinn must roll 3 successful death saves before three failures. He can also be stabilized by being healed above 0 hp, currently at -9.
Back to top Go down
https://horsewhale.rpg-board.net
Nocturne

Nocturne

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 3:50 pm

I'll walk with the streacher carring Torfinn. On the way I'll cast cure wounds (r5 + 4 = 9). After that he should be conscious, so I'll give him some berries from my good berry spell. 10 berries, and each heals 1 hp, and satisfies his hunger for the day.
Back to top Go down
Gwenyvere Treasureyes

Gwenyvere Treasureyes

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Gwen just stares at the spot on the ground where Torfin fell, mouth half open in a cheer, fist in the air, a glazed look in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
AlibastarMarchant

AlibastarMarchant

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 8:01 pm

Alibastar rushes toward his companion as soon as his opponent and lackies leave. He stands near Bear as Torfinn is loaded up. "If there's anything we can do, Bear, find us. Thank you for your hospitality. Let us know as soon as he's up, alright?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode One   Episode One - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode One
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14